How can I defend myself?Practice these self defense movements with a friend, so that you will be prepared to fight off an attacker. Hit him as hard as you can. Do not be afraid to hurt him - he is not afraid to hurt you.
If you are attacked from behind
- Hit him hard in the stomach with your elbow.
- Step down hard on his foot with your heel.
- Reach back with your hand, grab his testicles (balls), and squeeze them hard.
- With your heel, kick him hard in his lower leg or knee.
- Dig your fingers hard into his eyes.
- Make 2 fists and hit him on each side of his head, or on his ears.
- Make your hands into fists and hit him as hard as you can on his nose.
- Lift your knee, and push it as hard and fast as you can into his testicles (balls).
- If you are in a public place and someone tries to hurt or abuse you, shout as loudly as you can.
- Do something he might find disgusting, such as drooling spit (saliva), or trying to vomit, or acting as though you are ‘crazy’.
- If the abusive person is someone in your family, try to talk about it with another family member you trust.