Which women run the highest risk to be raped?
Any woman can be raped, but there is an even greater risk if she:
- has a disability - if she is in a wheelchair, deaf, blind, or mentally slow.
- is a refugee, migrant, or displaced person, or is living in an area of conflict or war.
- lives on the streets or is homeless.
- is a sex worker (prostitute).
- has been arrested or in prison.
- is being abused by her husband or boyfriend.
A rapist may see these women as easy victims because they have lost the protection of a community.