How can I prevent heartburn or indigestion?Heartburn causes a burning feeling in the throat and chest. It is most common in later pregnancy, after eating or when lying down.
What to do to prevent it:
- Eat several small meals instead of one large meal.
- Avoid spicy or oily foods.
- Drink plenty of water and other clear liquids.
- Try not to lie down right after eating.
- Sleep with your head higher than your stomach.
- Take a cup of milk or yogurt, some bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water, or calcium carbonate (antacid).